Giving duckling greens?

HayHays97

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 5, 2011
Hey guys,

I have a call duckling who is a week and a bit old, he's on his duckling mix but the lady we bought him from said I will need to give him greens when he gets a bit older.
He'll be free ranged when he's older and will eventually get scraps like the chickens do, but as a duckling what age should I start giving him vegetables? And what types?

Thank-you
Hayley :)

Hey guys,

I have a call duckling who is a week and a bit old, he's on his duckling mix but the lady we bought him from said I will need to give him greens when he gets a bit older.
He'll be free ranged when he's older and will eventually get scraps like the chickens do, but as a duckling what age should I start giving him vegetables? And what types?

Thank-you
Hayley :)
As long as your duckling has access to grit you can start adding a bit of chopped finely Romaine lettuce/ chopped finely kale. Right now ducklings need a very good feed but adding bits of green rounds it out just fine. When mine are tiny I put the chopped veggie in a bit of water to get them started. But grit is a must if feeding anything other than crumble.

Back
Top Bottom