Hey everyone! Okay so I ordered my chicks yesterday. And the first two sultan chicks come on May 1st. I ordered my chicks through town & country and I dont know the hatchery they are getting them from. I am going to call and ask soon. I only ordered two sultans and they both come on may first. Is that going to be okay? Just having 2 chicks? I also ordered 2 silkies, a blue and a black. They don't have a date yet and I am on a waiting list. Lastly I ordered 4 barred rock chicks. They come sometime in june. Problem number 1. I bought a 6.4 oz pack of Duramycin Soluble Powder Antibiotic. I was told to put it in the chicks water for the first week. It seems like a safe thing to do but I was told in another topic that doing that with no apparent disease was not good because if they do happen to develope a disease in the future and I try to give them Duramycin they may be more resistant to the duramycin because they have had it before. Except I think if they have a disease I wont be giving them duramycin probally a medicine specifically for i dont know lets say mites. Just want to check with everyone first and get their opinion on it. I would feel a lot better if I gave it to them. Problem number 2. The day after my two wee little, adorable sultans come in I have to leave for the Ohio Rabbit Mini Convention. I don't want to leave my new chicks at home but I have no choice because I cannot bring them but I have to try and find someone who can care for them for a few days. I wanted to ask town & country the feed store where I bought them from. When the chicks arrive at their store they hold them in cute little coops with feeders and such until you can pick them up that day. I wonder if they would mind holding them a few more days. Why I have the feeling I am just being paranoid or dumb I dont know but I dont want anything to happen to these chicks. Especially the bantams.