1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

giving my nephew a puppy for his birthday

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Dec 3, 2009.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    my nephews birthday is saturday and he will be 7... his cockerspaniel died last year and when my dog had puppies(thanks to the neighbors boxer) he fell in love with one of the males and has been begging my dh to let him have him... he has played with him since the day he was born.... so we have decided to give it to him but he doesn't know yet(his mom agreed)... he keeps asking and we tell him will see... we bought him a collar and I am putting a big red bow on it...I also bought him some puppy toys,crate and food... he is going to be so surprised...he won't be able to take the puppy home for a week or so... but he lives right by me and will be able to play with him anytime he wants(which is always)...I can't wait to see his face

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Aww! He'll always remember that gift! [​IMG]

3. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    awww, that is the bestest gift ever, any chance of you showing us a picture of the dog? Or even better yet, a picture of the boy and his dog ?

4. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I will try to get pics saturday and post them

5. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    That is a birthday present he will remember!

6. AndreaGS

AndreaGS Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    West Sacramento, CA
    Awww, puppies are the BEST surprise!

We surprised my stepson with our puppy when he came back from visiting his grandma. His face just lit up when he heard her crying when we stepped in the door, and he gave us that excited "NO WAY!" look. I took lots of photos!

7. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    all 6 puppies are in my bathroom... they wouldn't stay with momma and it is snowing

8. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    that is very nice of you thank you for doing that for him

9. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I can't leave them outside ...they have a nice warm shed with lots of hay...but they wanted to be out in the snow.... the momma is in the shed sleeping...now idf I could just get my diucks in their shed we would be alright

10. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    That's awesome! My 15-year-old baby brother's Boxer died a couple of years ago of old age. So, for his 15th birthday, I took him to the shelter and we adopted him a Boxer mix puppy. He was so happy, he cried! That says a lot for a 15-year-old teenager.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by