1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gl and sl wyandotte

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by shannonh, Oct 16, 2015.

1. shannonh

shannonh Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2015
    Quinlan
    Does anybodykbow where i Can get a roo of each of these.I have 2 hens of each and would like a roo for each of them. Thanks in advance.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    There are plenty of places you can source them - it will depend on the quality of bird you want, what age you want and where you are located (not recognizing the location on your info). You can order them as chicks (lord knows the hatcheries wind up with WAY more cockerel chicks than they have orders for) or find them in local swap pages, CL, etc from people who wound up with an unexpected cockerel, locate a nearby breeder, network with other members of BYC that are near you, etc.

1 person likes this.
  3. shannonh

Aug 26, 2015
    Quinlan
    Mine are girls there so cute[​IMG]

4. shannonh

Aug 26, 2015
    Quinlan
    [​IMG]

5. fishandchix1

fishandchix1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2015
    Ocean City, Maryland
    I have two GL Wyandots but they're both hens. I got them from McMurray hatchery. If you don't feel like raising day old chicks they offer golden laced Wyandotte at four weeks old.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Quick additional thought that I totally missed in reading your post the first time - are you planning to house them in a breeding pen setup where each rooster is housed in with "his" girls but the two groups are separate? If not, do you have other hens as well? Two roosters with just four hens will not be a good situation.

1 person likes this.
  7. shannonh

Aug 26, 2015
    Quinlan
    Yes I am I have 4 diffent breeds now and I am working on getting more

8. shannonh

Aug 26, 2015
    Quinlan
    the gold lase is fine can i get one roo and two hens or frist do you ship im in tx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by