1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Glendale, Arizona - Light Brahma cockerel / rooster - sold (can lock)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ArizonaDesertChicks, Sep 1, 2009.

1. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    This is my one and only light brahma - I ordered eggs from e-bay and this is the only brahma to hatch. I was REALLY hoping for a pullet, but he attempted to crow last week, so he now needs a new home. We are not allowed to have roosters in my neighborhood.

He is now 12 1/2 weeks old (almost 3 months). He's used to being handled and is calm and easy to catch when free-ranging. We live in NW Glendale - let me know if you would like to give this little brahma roo a good home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His baby pic:
    [​IMG]

Edited to update his age and to add updated pics (taken today).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  2. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

Ahh! That really sucks that you can't keep such a gorgous guy:(

3. ArizonaDesertChicks

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I know. I was looking at him today, hoping I was wrong - he tried crowing on 2 days in a row, a week ago, and I haven't heard him since. But.... I'm sure he's boy. These pictures were taken last week and his wattles are even bigger this week.

4. ArizonaDesertChicks

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Still have this cockerel (now 12 1/2 weeks) and he crowed again this morning. Anyone here in AZ that can give him a good home? He'll be beautiful & quite large when he's grown and brahmas are typically a very calm breed of chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by