gluten free starter mash recipe needed please

kgr

Hatching
Aug 21, 2022
Hi everyone, This is my first post and we have just had 5 baby chicks hatch from our hen and 12 more sitting in the incubator almost ready to hatch. Due to my allergy to gluten I need a gluten free starter mash for these adorable baby hens. Would anyone have a recipe they could share that doesn't contain any gluten or oats, since oats in australia are not classified as gluten free.
I can't wear a mask and gloves to solve the issue so I need to make up a special feed for them and their mumma while she is with them. I am not concerned about her eggs at the moment since she isn't laying at all for now.

Thank you

Hi everyone, This is my first post and we have just had 5 baby chicks hatch from our hen and 12 more sitting in the incubator almost ready to hatch. Due to my allergy to gluten I need a gluten free starter mash for these adorable baby hens. Would anyone have a recipe they could share that doesn't contain any gluten or oats, since oats in australia are not classified as gluten free.
I can't wear a mask and gloves to solve the issue so I need to make up a special feed for them and their mumma while she is with them. I am not concerned about her eggs at the moment since she isn't laying at all for now.

Thank you
What have you been feeding the broody hen?

Welcome!
Finding an appropriate all-flock diet would be fine for all of them; is that what your broody hen is eating? She shouldn't be eating a lower protein, high calcium layer diet at this time either.
If that's a good all-flock diet that works for you, and it's labeled that way, it should be fine.
It's a lot harder to 'do it yourself', much better to find something at the feed store.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom