GLW boy or girl?

Kenshan1

Songster
9 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
This one came from a horse farm that was buying chicks & selling all ages of chickens. I wasn't thinking of quality when I bought a couple chicks from him, I just wanted a GLW for the color. I don't want a roo though. My SLW are built differently from this one (bought different place), they don't have these long tail feather like the GLW & are more compact body then the GLW.

The GLW in question was hatched 8/4/10. Its not the easiest to get a picture of. I can't tell if its just color or if I'm seeing saddle feathers. It's feathers aren't fully pointed like the neck feather but they are kinda triangle shape. Or maybe this one just hasn't filled in enough around its tail so it looks longer? Here is a bunch of pictures, all the same bird as I only have 1 GLW.

65421_imag0156.jpg

65421_imag0162.jpg

65421_imag0164.jpg

65421_imag0171.jpg

Shannon

I am absolutely no expert but a I have a splash BLRW born on 8/25 and the comb and wattles are very similar. And I am positive mine is a pullet. So Pullet, I say.

I say pullet!
My GLW hen looked just like that at that age. She is still taller than the SLW, but she's lays a beautiful brown egg, and more often than the rest.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom