GLW -- look roo-ish to y'all?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SB Austex, Jun 16, 2010.

1. SB Austex

SB Austex In the Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Austin
    This is Buttercup. I know it's early yet at 5-6 weeks, but like a lot of people I am anxious to know if I'll have to re-home. If the jury is still out, I'll put up new photos sometime in the future.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Songster

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Yes it sure does look like a roo to me!

3. Paco

Paco Chirping

Jun 6, 2010
    Enid,Ok
    Yes that looks like a rooster . I have 2 SLW pullets and their combs just started to get bigger and now they are laying their 6 months old .

4. Peppermint

Peppermint Songster

Nothing is screaming roo to me at this point. I've seen some Wyandotte roos (in this forum) who at 5-6 weeks had pretty obvious big pink combs and wattles. I'd hold off on worrying just yet, and send her some serious pullet vibes!!!

5. I'd wait awhile too. I have a GLW that has a bigger comb and waddles than the other GLW. But it is doing the squat move, and looking in nest boxes.
    They are 4 months old today!

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago.

[​IMG]

Good luck!

6. Quote:Peppermint's right. My GLW was SURELY a cockerel until a friendly BYC'er saw his pic on my Craigslist ad selling him. Since there wasn't much additional secondary sex characteristics developing after that, the bunch now votes girly... See thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=327550

Good
    luck!
    But don't let your sherm (she-he-her-him) go too early.

7. Quote:Peppermint's right. My GLW was SURELY a cockerel until a friendly BYC'er saw his pic on my Craigslist ad selling him. Since there wasn't much additional secondary sex characteristics developing after that, the bunch now votes girly... See thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=327550

Good
    luck!
    But don't let your sherm (she-he-her-him) go too early.

Hey I like that, sherm. I'll have to remember that! Thanks PitterPatterPalace! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by