GMO free?...anybody feed there's?

DanaDane

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 24, 2014
I have found some... Just wondering of anyone feed GMO free food or can recommend one?

We don't have that...I found online $40 for a 50# lbs I think that is a bit high...

I have been feeding Bar Ale non gmo, soy free layer pellet to my flock for the last year or two.

http://www.baraleinc.com/index.php/products/poultry/item/125-non-gmo-16-layer-feed

I pay either $16.50 or $18 per 40 lb bag depending on where i get it. It also has flax seed for extra omega-3. Organic should also be gmo free, but more expensive (although i coulg get organic at Costco for $20 per bag). I don't bother with organic because the chickens get our veggie scraps and they aren't organic, so why bother?

Ryan

If you live in the Western US, keep an eye out for Rogue organic feeds. It's GMO free, Oregon Dept. of Agriculture certified organic, and contains no soy. It costs me $24.99 for 40 lbs at my local country store (I live about an hour north of Seattle). They may have it in other parts of the US too but i'm not too sure.

Is there a difference between gmo free and organic feed? Also, does feeding them this make they meat and eggs taste any different or better?

I'd like to stay away from the gmo feeds, just for their health purposes, if possible. Plus I would think it would be healthier for our family as well.

Is there a difference between gmo free and organic feed? Also, does feeding them this make they meat and eggs taste any different or better?

I'd like to stay away from the gmo feeds, just for their health purposes, if possible. Plus I would think it would be healthier for our family as well.

GMO free does not mean organic, but Organic can not have any gmo grains in it, if I remember correctly. I don't buy organic since most of the organic around here is really expensive and most has soy in it. I try to stay away from soy if at all possible.

To me, any yard egg taste way better than store bought eggs. I haven't eaten "regular" yard eggs in ages. I started eating yard eggs again about 2 1/2 yrs ago. The man I bought them from used a non gmo, non soy feed, but I never found out what brand. He ordered his and had it shipped in. I do know that my eggs taste better than his did.

GMO free does not mean organic, but Organic can not have any gmo grains in it, if I remember correctly. I don't buy organic since most of the organic around here is really expensive and most has soy in it. I try to stay away from soy if at all possible.

To me, any yard egg taste way better than store bought eggs. I haven't eaten "regular" yard eggs in ages. I started eating yard eggs again about 2 1/2 yrs ago. The man I bought them from used a non gmo, non soy feed, but I never found out what brand. He ordered his and had it shipped in. I do know that my eggs taste better than his did.
So as long as I try to stay away from gmo's and soy, there should be an improvement in taste?

The largest bag I have seen around here of organic feed was only 20lbs, but I can get non-gmo feed in 50lb bags, so it would be cheaper for me to just go with that.

I thank you for your help!!

Back
Top Bottom