G'nite Nicholas

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Nov 10, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

What's shakin?? We had spaghetti tonight with Texas Cheese toast. YUM. It put my fiance to sleep. [​IMG]

2. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Im not Nicholas, but...

I made chicken parm last night ( or maybe the night before. Im gettin old, I don't remember) It was pretty good
    I Love texas toast yum yum

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  3. debilorrah

We have ire going in the fireplace too. It is toasty and smells good in our house right now. I love my home. [​IMG]

4. LilBizzy

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Oh, so lucky. Its a little chilly here tonight. I would love to have a fireplace, or woodstove, or somthing burny like that. Nothing beats a warm fire. I really wanted to have a wood pellet stove by now, but darn unemployment- first DH and now me. *sigh* I'll just have to settle for blankets and the dog

5. debilorrah

Oh my dear, I do feel your pain. This house is a rental, and I really wish it was ours. Everytime we have to pay the rent, we have NOTHING that week. My fiance's pay was cut by $800 a month and then his company car was taken away so we have a car payment now that we never did. We both have jobs, thank God, but makings ends meet is about an inch away..... i am so glad that we have this house, as it is nice and right around the median rental price for the area.

6. LilBizzy

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I think even with 2 jobs nowadays, it's tough to make ends meet. The good thing is, the chickens have been keeping me busy. The bad thing is, they are sick of looking at me [​IMG]
    Oh, the smell of a cracklin fire. I wonder if Glade make fireplace scented candles. Hmm, they should..

7. debilorrah

You are right they should make that scent.... Two incomes is hard to make ends meet because neither one of us make great money. BUT we both LOVE our jobs, so that is half that battle if you ask me. My fiance is about the smartest man I have ever met, and he could make more, but would he be as happy? Probably not, so it is what it is.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    try the texas garlic toast(in the frozen food section) with a hamburger on it..yum..yum![​IMG]..makes a yummy hamburger bun!

9. debilorrah

OMG that sounds so GOOD!!!! i am so trying that with next burgers we have.

10. LilBizzy

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Liking your job is more than half the battle. The job I just got laid off of, I can't say I looked forward to going in every day, but I sure didn't mind. I truly liked the job, the bosses, the co-workers, the company. If I hadn't been laid off, i could imagine being there for many years. While my previous job paid ALOT better, I hated it.
    So yes, liking your job is worth more than getting a bigger paycheck! And you are lucky to be in one ya like!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by