GO BABY GO!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I moved my salmon faverolle eggs into the hatching 'bator last night--they are due on the 13th.

Anyway, this morning I went into the room to check on them and heard a loud, "PEEEEP!!!" I looked into the 'bator & saw a pip! [​IMG] I'm ssooo excited!

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    [​IMG] good hatching vibes your way! I have geese hatching! So far 3 out and 2 to go!

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Thanks! WOO HOO for the GEESE! What kind are they? I wanted geese so badly, but after the small fortune I spent on Sebbie eggs, only to have none hatch....I've sort of given up for now. [​IMG]

4. Fowl-Language

Fowl-Language Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Longview, WA
    Yay babies! Keep us posted!

5. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    1 sebbie (1 died [​IMG] after it hatched) 2 buff dewlap toulouse, 1 grey dewlap toulouse pipped and 1 still waiting.

Yuck yuck yuck yuck my bator is nasty nasty nasty from this goose hatch. They leave it more nasty than ducks or chickens do!

My 10 yr old DD says it looks like pond scum in there. LOL

My sebbie eggs came from pips&peeps in Wa. 3000 miles to the east coast. Every egg developed, 2 pipped and one died after hatching.

The buff dewlap toulouse are from MotherGoose.

The grey dewlap toulouse are from bugladyleah.

2 weeks ago I had 12 white embdens hatch [​IMG]

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Aww...sorry to hear about the one sebbie--but it sounds like overall, you're having pretty good success with geese eggs--better than me! I've had 100% hatches with my Muscovies but can't get those geese to go for nothin'! Yes, the ducks do make it filthy in there--more than the chicks, so I can only imagine what a GOOSE or 10 would do! LOL

7. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Don't give up! Try again when the sebbies start laying again or get pips&peeps to hatch some for you.

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Yeah....I was VERY tempted to drive over & get some started goslings from her...but with gas prices at $4.25/gallon here...and it would be at least a 6 hour drive (round trip)....I decided against it....I may try some pilgrim geese....

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Okay...four are out & there were more in there "talking" this morning before I left for work!

10. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Yayyyyyyyy for fluffy butt babies! Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by