goat behaviour

folly foot

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2016
So my family and I have just started a hobby farm and my dad accidently bought a goat she was just a little baby and we discovered she wasn't weaned fully (goody!*note the sarcasm*) don't get me wrong I love the **** thing she's extremely cute and lovable... but our problem was we only bought her... so now fast forward she is all grown up and still cuddly, but without a herd she got lonely and stopped eating so my dad's fiance bought another goat this time a male (full male) and she became much happier. I get that this is a stupid question but we've had rosco (our male ) for almost a month now and her cuddly personality has changed again. She used to bounce around and run laps around the fence like every ten minutes now she just kind of walks around and if you walk around in there she is attached to your hip and instead of being overly energetics he is now docile. Not to metion she has been eating a lot more lately. Anybody know goats on here? Rosco has started acting diffrently now too... everytime we go near her he is stuck to her and head butt anyone who moves too quickly. (He used to be as sweet as her never lifting a horn at us)

No that's why I put full male in brackets... and I'm suspecting that's part of it but again this is my first time having goats so I'm not sure if that's why they are acting funny

No that's why I put full male in brackets... and I'm suspecting that's part of it but again this is my first time having goats so I'm not sure if that's why they are acting funny

Oh okay, I'm sorry! My guess is that Rosco is getting a little to interested with the girls, if you know what I mean. I'm thinking that your doe (girl goat) is pregnant and Rosco is sort of "protecting" her. Rosco is probably also in rut, causing some of these odd behaviors. Really, the best thing to do is get Rosco wethered as soon as possible! Hopefully this helps and maybe someone else can help too. :)

Thanks and sorry if my previous statement sounded a bit rude... I just read over it and realized it seemed so
1f62f.png
. Apparently(I just talked to my dad's fiance) she was hope our girl would get pregnant and that's why she got rosco in the first place lol
1f60a.png

Thanks and sorry if my previous statement sounded a bit rude... I just read over it and realized it seemed so
1f62f.png
. Apparently(I just talked to my dad's fiance) she was hope our girl would get pregnant and that's why she got rosco in the first place lol
1f60a.png

Your welcome! And not a problem at all! :) Glad it's working out for you guys! :D

It is goats mating season starting now rosco will probably stink really badly too as males pee on themselves to impress the girls he will also be protective so watch yourself.
A good website to get info about goats is www.fiascofarm.com

It is goats mating season starting now rosco will probably stink really badly too as males pee on themselves to impress the girls he will also be protective so watch yourself.
A good website to get info about goats is www.fiascofarm.com
ya he's definitely peed on his beard.... he sticks and in tempted to spray him down with the hose but I know he would hate me for that and that wouldn't stop him

Ya he has peed on his beard. I'm tempted to spry him down with the hose but I know that he will not only hate me for that but also that wouldn't stop him

Back
Top Bottom