goat boredom

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by agnes_day, Mar 27, 2009.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    my goats are being very vocal about the lousy weather we are having here in oklahoma..is there anything i can put in their pen to quiet them down??
    they are warm and dry in their pen, and they could go outside if they really wanted to but its really nasty out.

2. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    poison [​IMG] [​IMG] my goats are doing the same thing, the only thing you can put in their pen is a little sunshine! good luck with that one! [​IMG]

3. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    they have their heat lamp hanging over them..that they freak out if we turn it off..they are scared of the dark! [​IMG]

4. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Mine are not happy with this odd weather either and my bottle babies have a heat lamp also and man do they enjoy it...all are warm and toasty...I hope...

5. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    My buck and his wether buddy are locked in the barn and the buck is fine but the wether SCREAMS all day with his girly little voice. It is soooo annoying. They have a tiny little dry paddock, so they can watch the little Amish men work on our barn. [​IMG] But I guess that isn't good enough.
    Ashlyn

6. ThornyRidge

ThornyRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    how big is area of confinement? could give them a little wood box to play on/jump up on/sleep on.. I too am vocal about this weather and am totally ready for warm weather!!! [​IMG]

7. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    it was in the 80s the other day! i hate oklahoma sometimes. [​IMG]

8. ThornyRidge

ThornyRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    [​IMG] what I wouldn't give for some 80s right now!! calling for rain/snow showers by Sunday here...

9. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    My babies loved playing on an old wooden barrel with both ends removed. One would get inside while the other would jump on the top and roll it.
    Someone said boxes, those are fun for them too.
    You could give them some pine branches to chew on.

10. ohiofarmgirl

ohiofarmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    oh yeah. the screaming about the weather. you say you have a heat lamp?

when we were having the frozen tundra weather earlier in the year i consulted some goat farmers nearby. each said to increase their feed making sure they got a 16% ration and a little corn. very little corn. just a smidge. and take them a warm bucket of water twice a day. it helped and eventually they got used to it. if they are VERY young, remember they might not know what cold is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by