goat breed question

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by TLWR, Dec 24, 2011.

1. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Is there a breed of goat that looks similar to a Nubian, but smaller?

We aren't getting goats, but a guy that works for DH is buying a house near to us and will be getting goats. DH told him I want goats without having goats - so I wanted to give him my goat wish list [​IMG] I'm not sure what their goal for their goats will be - milking/eating. I'm sure it will have a food related purpose though.
    Me, I want cute face/floppy ears, sweet temperament, and on the smaller side, or at least not huge. Just wondering if there is something that fits the bill so I can make my suggestion to them [​IMG]

2. lilcritters

lilcritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2011
    White Church Missouri
  3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    If it is going to be for eating a boer would be best. They are a meat breed and gain weight more efficiently than a dairy goat. They aren't small goats but not as tall as many of the dairy breeds. They are cute too!

4. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    So I sent DH my mini nubian request and he forwarded it along saying he wasn't sure why I thought I had a say in what he got for goats LOL

Well, the mini nubian is exactly what they plan on getting [​IMG]
    They will start with building a pen for them and then finding a breeder to get 3 girls and then maybe get a male later on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by