GOAT FEVER IS CATCHING FIND OUT IF YOU HAVE IT HERE!

silkieloverz123

Songster
7 Years
Oct 21, 2012
Washington
Hi everyone! This is a thread on everything goats! If you have them then post pics, if you dont then why? I'll start us off.

Violet as a baby!

Violet older. I will post pics of her now when i get the chance.

All my babies. Timmy the light brown. Levi the dotted one next to him.
Bella the one cut out of the pic. V of course and Rocky the only non nigee there.( Nigerian Dwarfs )
Alright let the thread begin!

They are cute indeed. Love goats, even though they're far more trouble than sheep or pretty much any other livestock. I've never had dwarf goats but intend to... One day. Not ready yet. The only goat I have at the moment is an old wreck of a nanny goat I was given recently, emaciated, some kind of Angora mix I believe. Probably a fair bit of feral in her. Plain white, horned, standard size.

Best wishes.

They are cute indeed. Love goats, even though they're far more trouble than sheep or pretty much any other livestock. I've never had dwarf goats but intend to... One day. Not ready yet. The only goat I have at the moment is an old wreck of a nanny goat I was given recently, emaciated, some kind of Angora mix I believe. Probably a fair bit of feral in her. Plain white, horned, standard size.

Best wishes.
I've never had any livestock besides goats. I have a mini farm, goats and chickies. I hope to add piggies to the mix someday
wink.png
i also love rabbits but i think we are good for now lol. I think they are well worth they're weight in trouble though.

This is our first year with goats. We purchased 3 Boer wethers this April for our kids 4-H project. We sold all 3 at the 4-H Livestock Auction, but one was donated back to us to keep. (We had planned to keep him all along, but hadn't really told our daughter - the look on her face when she exited the sale ring with him and was told she got to keep him is PRICELESS!).

So, we had to get him a friend... and bought a 3-mth old Fainter doeling. And 2 bred Boer does.... So we *should* have a bunch of babies running around next spring.

And then the cycle will repeat itself with the kids showing and auctioning off the wethers and doelings. It is a great way to build their college savings accounts!

We plan to re-breed as needed to continue to raise kids for 4-H projects. The breeder we have purchased all our goats from has agreed to let us breed to her boys as needed.

This is our first year with goats. We purchased 3 Boer wethers this April for our kids 4-H project. We sold all 3 at the 4-H Livestock Auction, but one was donated back to us to keep. (We had planned to keep him all along, but hadn't really told our daughter - the look on her face when she exited the sale ring with him and was told she got to keep him is PRICELESS!).

So, we had to get him a friend... and bought a 3-mth old Fainter doeling. And 2 bred Boer does.... So we *should* have a bunch of babies running around next spring.

And then the cycle will repeat itself with the kids showing and auctioning off the wethers and doelings. It is a great way to build their college savings accounts!

We plan to re-breed as needed to continue to raise kids for 4-H projects. The breeder we have purchased all our goats from has agreed to let us breed to her boys as needed.
I wanted to do 4-H with chickens but i didnt want to sell any of them! Congrats on the babies coming!

We just got three goats!!
Will try and post pics later!!
I will be patiently waiting!
caf.gif

I just got goats on September 13th. They have been a lot of fun and a great learning experience taking care of them. I am 15, so I am in my local 4h goat club and I plan to show them at the fair in July. Here are my goats(Nigerian Dwarf). They love "sitting" in the chairs in their pen! Frosting is in front and midnight is in the back.

Last edited:
I just got goats on September 13th. They have been a lot of fun and a great learning experience taking care of them. I am 15, so I am in my local 4h goat club and I plan to show them at the fair in July. Here are my goats(Nigerian Dwarf). They love "sitting" in the chairs in their pen! Frosting is in front and midnight is in the back.
CUTE!!!
love.gif
I love Nigerian Dwarfs! IF they were easy to find (here where I live) then I would definitely get a pair!!!

They are adorable! How old are they and what are theyre names if you dont mind.

Back
Top Bottom