1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

**GOAT IN SO. CALIFORNIA NEEDS HELP**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mainchick, Dec 3, 2008.

1. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    I work at an animal shelter in Orange County and I got a call from another shelter in Long Beach saying that they have a goat and she doesn't have much time left! She was found in a park, she is very friendly, cream colored, looks like a pygmy cross with horns. She is a bit on the thin side and it looks like she could use some good groceries and a deworm. This is a city shelter and they really don't know what to do with her so her time is limited. If anyone can adopt her, contact the SPCALA in Long Beach. www.spcala.com Tell them you were referred by the Irvine shelter.

2. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Wish I was closer. I would give her a home. Surely someone in Cal. can give this sweetie a home?????

Paula

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Do you know how much it would be to bail her out? It would put me one over on my animal count, but I wouldn't mind if she hung out here and ate a few flakes of hay.

4. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Oh Patty. Get her [​IMG]

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I called and Sgt. Lindsay is not in right now, so I left a message.

6. hippichick

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    So happy someone will rescue her. You are a very good person![​IMG] What's one more goat, huh???lol

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Well, sgt lindsay called me back and said they are working with Irvine Shelter and probably going to shift her over there, and there is another citizen in line before me, so it looks like she has options... I told him to keep my number in case her other chances fall through.... and to feel free to keep me on file for other barnyard type animals if he would like. He said he would.

8. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    [​IMG] You are soooooooawesome!! you rock! I hope we can work this out!! I call the Srgt. and see what is up!

9. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. hippichick

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Any news on the little goat??

Paula

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by