Goat Mayhem (PIX)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by rebbetzin, Sep 24, 2010.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Two weeks ago it was a real free for all at the milking shed.
    I had just finished milking "Shortnin" the head doe, and when I let her out of the shed, the three other does pushed past me and ran to the back milk stand and gobbled up the bit of grain left in the bowl! Here they are the naughty girls!

[​IMG]

I finally got everyone back out of the shed, but Dutchess and one of her kids, kept trying to get back in. Here are their heads sticking through the gate.

[​IMG]

This last Tuesday night I had visitors while I was milking. One of the ladies took my photo with her camera phone. It is a bit grainy since it was taken by larntern light. I am not wearing any make up, I seldom get all "gussied up" to go milking. The goats don't seem to care much one way or the other how I look.

[​IMG]

2. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    I love goats and yours are rather cute!!
    Do you drink the milk or sell it?

3. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Isn't it amazing how you can go out to the goat barn at any time of day, and from the goats yelling, you would think they were starving to death! My 3 pygmies and 2 nigerian dwarf are NO exception! I have to monitor them closely at feeding time to make sure each one only eats their grain----fortunately, it only takes a couple minutes for everyone to get done eating!![​IMG]Precious, Adia, and Lily

[​IMG]Ajani, and Namdi

4. rebbetzin

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:In Arizona, it is illegal to sell "raw" goat milk. Which is very sad. And if we are hearing that there is legislation in our gov't that will be making it harder and harder for small farmers to sell their products to the public. It is said they want to protect the public. But, in my humble opinion, it is a control isssue.

5. rebbetzin

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:We only give them grain while milking, to keep them busy. But, it is a race to see if I can get them milked before they finish the bowl of grain! Usually they win!

6. downstownlady

downstownlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    Regarding the Gov in AZ & Raw Goat Milk Sales: The reason is not a protection issue if the truth be known...it is a taxable entity which the gov wants to control so that they can spend more money and create more gov. The only way to prevent this is writing your congressmen and women...then voting the long timers out. Okay...like Joe say's "goodbye". (BTW...Cute goats!!!)

7. rebbetzin

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:Hey, My sister in lawand her husband live in Conroe TX!! She used to raise mini horses and donkies.

8. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Great pictures. The one with their heads thru the gate is precious! I think you look beautiful. I don't do the makeup thing, either, and I hope I look 1/2 as good as you do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by