1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Goat people - babies are here!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mamabird, Feb 19, 2009.

1. mamabird

mamabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    App. Mtn's
    I'm still waiting on Cocoa to kid... I got new pics this evening and am asking for opinions on how much longer before we have babies.... Not sure of a breeding date, but she started an udder in late Dec. She still has ligaments, but I think they are getting a little more lax. Udder is filling. I'm guessing two babies?? would be nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is going fo the record of 'doe that drove her owner insane the quickest'. She can't stay pregnant forever, but is certainly giving it a good try!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. countryfiedgirl45

countryfiedgirl45 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2008
    Rome, GA
    I say it will be the first week of March-I have Toggenburgs that started bagging in late Dec. and they are due out by March 1st

3. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    I would say any day! [​IMG] Most of our goats drift away from the herd or the herd drifts away from them for births. Welcome to the club;really it's somewhere on here!

4. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Well a good way to tell is when the udder gets really tight and her peaches if you look have like half smiley faces there when they are upside sown then its close and also her peaches will faltten out alot and if she is like mine she will not let you leave...is this her first freshening? then I surely would keep a close eye on her and also learn to keep dates as they can deliver fro 145 days to 155 days...most dont go that long but some will go 150...its mindboggling but you get used to it...I have 4 out getting ready to hatch and I have dates also but you never know...I will when they start yelling at me...also mine dont fall for not eating, I have had them with their noses in their feeders and screaming at the same time. Whe thru eating here comes time for the baby. Good luck and to me looks like a few to maybe a week.

5. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    I'm not trying to sound dumb here....but... what are her peaches? I have goats and I'm curious to know. :[​IMG]

6. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    me too, im glad someone asked before me! [​IMG]

7. mamabird

mamabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    App. Mtn's
    If I'm not mistaken, it's the same thing as a 'pooch' or 'tu-walkie' - better known as the vulva area. [​IMG] yes, it is her first freshening.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  8. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG] I guess two weeks...but ya just won't know til she's pushing [​IMG]

9. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Yep peaches is just a nice way of saying her rear areas or vulva...sounds more lady like....[​IMG]

10. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    I have a FF from heavy milking lines due mar 22 who is begged up already, has been for 3 weeks now- I'd say this girl could be due early to late march, everyone is diff... so hard to tell lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by