Goat people please help!! Does she look bred?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hippiechick85, Nov 27, 2012.

1. hippiechick85

hippiechick85 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2012
    I had my Doe and Buck together from September through October, I have not witnessed them do the deed but I think she may in fact be bred because I have not noticed her coming back into heat, and they don't seem to be interested in eachother. Can you tell from these pics if she is bred? If she is she'd be about 2 months along (she is an 11 month old Nigerian). Sorry for the yucky backside pics in advance lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hippiechick85

Mar 4, 2012
    Heres another pic from the top (pics were taken before feeding time) :
    [​IMG]

3. animalgirl12

animalgirl12 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2012
    It looks like it. My does backend looked like that when she was pregnant.

4. hippiechick85

Mar 4, 2012
    Thank you animalgirl12! I really wasn't sure if I should wait it out and see if she kids in late Feb or have the vet do an ultrasound.

5. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

6. hippiechick85

Mar 4, 2012
    Thank you Glenmar! :)

7. weaversfarm

weaversfarm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    O.K., what am I missing here? How does looking at her pooch tell you she is pregnant? I have had goats now for 7 years and never used their pooches as a way to tell if they were pregnant or not. I can feel kids, but not until the last month before their kidding date. If I am missing something, I need to learn, so please tell me how you can tell.

8. hippiechick85

Mar 4, 2012
    I really am not sure myself but that is what most people do I guess...that's one of the ways I gathered you can tell from other forums and goat sites. This will be our first kidding here but I wanted to see what others thought.

9. hippiechick85

Mar 4, 2012
    Supposedly when their pregnant their pooch looks more pronounced I guess?

10. bboyd1

bboyd1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2013
    To the Right of Nowhere
    I have a doe Really need to know if she's bred or not. Bought her yesterday, and she's only 6 months old, but was in the same field as a dwarf nigerian buck!!!! UGHHH!! She's an Alpine cross, so she's about the same height as him, even though he's much older and full grown . I've heard their lady parts look different if they have been bred?! Any info would help me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by