goat pictures

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Haviris, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    I got a new camera a couple weeks ago and have been going alittle crazy with it. Today I went out and took some pics of some of the goats, thought I'd share since there seems to be several goat people here!

Anyway here they are, first some of the big ones!
    This is my old girl Nellie, she's not overly friendly, but at her age she's here to stay,
    [​IMG]
    This is Glory and Star fighting over who gets to be boss,
    [​IMG]
    Here are my two nubian boys, Onyx and Riply, and two of my alpines, Grace and April.

Now for the little ones, well one more big one, this is my LaMancha wether Grim standing w/ Jade,
    [​IMG]
    Jade again, I'm on kid watch with her, can't wait!
    [​IMG]
    And Dixie, the youngest of my girls (until Jade kids, hopefully),
    [​IMG]
    And Willow, not a great pic, but everytime I try to get down to her level she takes that as an invite to climb into my lap (which she did just after this pic was taken), she is my fav, but don't tell the others.
    [​IMG]
    This is my buck Dallas,
    [​IMG]
    And lastly one of my younger bucks, Pie,
    [​IMG]

Told you I went alittle crazy, hope you enjoyed them!

2. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Awwwww......too cute!!! I want a goat so bad!! some day!![​IMG]

3. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    I love goats, and yours are precious!
    If dogs didn't exist, I'd have to have a goat. Thanks for posting the pics!

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

awwwwwwww can I have dallas? [​IMG] nice flock of goats.

5. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Oh no, I could never part with Dallas, if I ever get out of breeding he will be castrated and stay here as a wether. However Jade is currently carrying his first kids!! I will be retaining a doeling (if she has one, I so hope!), but all other kids will be for sale! I dreamed that the kids were born and they were both gold and white bucklings (I was so disappointed), one was mostly white with a gold head and blue eyes and the other looked very much like Dallas except he had brown eyes!

6. Nicki

Nicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2007
    Georgia
    You have some beautiful goats! I want a goat so bad LOL. I love Pie's color!

7. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I love pie!! Bring him over here to CT so he can service my ladies!!! [​IMG]

8. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Awwww, I love the one of "Pie" he posed so nice for you!!!!! I would love to have gaots, but know nothing about them. (Got to learn about my new chicken hobby first) then maybe I'll try goats!!!

Is there a great web site for goats, like this one??? Backyardgoats.com maybe??????

9. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Great pics! I was thinking...that's IT?! Ha! Going crazy for me is when my size 40 card is full...

Your minis are Super Cute! Is Dallas blue eyed? His gold and white are to die for. I'm on kid watch too.

Okay, the incubator people have their term...what is is...for standing over the incubator like a geek waiting for hatches (not saying anything bad as I am especially guilty of that!). We need ours for labor watch...OKW (on kid watch)? Suggestions? I've been back and forth to the barn the past two nights over and over and over and over...

10. gila_dog

gila_dog Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2007
    New Mexico
    Digital cameras are so much fun! Here's a pic of one of my Sable Saanen wethers, Pinto. He's a packgoat and a really cool guy.
    [​IMG]

So what's your wether, Grim's, role in life?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by