Goat pregnant brown discharge?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lozeaujo, Feb 18, 2017.

1. lozeaujo

lozeaujo New Egg

Feb 18, 2017
    Hello...

I am new to farming and have two goats. One gave birth two days ago just fine. Second time mom. My other goat is due today and a first time mom. She has alot of brown discharge coming out. Is this normal? It has me really worried...
    Any help, much appreciated!

2. BBCHICKS123

BBCHICKS123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2016
    Wander land
    I have 4 goats and breed them regularly yes that is normal if she didn't have that she would not be having a baby that baby will be born with in 6 hours

3. lozeaujo

lozeaujo New Egg

Feb 18, 2017
    Oh my gosh! You were right! I read your post and realized it had been about that long. So I ran down to the goat shed and laying on the floor of hay was the cutest little baby girl goat! Thank you so much! I was really worried because her discharge was brown. I thought the baby had died. But there she was alive and doing well. However, when I got up this morning and went back to check on her, there was a ball of stuff on the ground. When I looked at it closer I realized it was the second baby and not fully developed and must have died a few months back. I am grateful to have one alive.
    thanks so much!

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Are you sure the ball of stuff wasn't the after birth?

5. BBCHICKS123

Dec 19, 2016
    Wander land
    What did the second ball of stuff look like it could have been the plesenta it looks really gross

6. lozeaujo

lozeaujo New Egg

Feb 18, 2017
    No, I opened up the bag and inside was a little tiny baby goat. It had a head, but no eyes, and it had little legs but they all looked so small. I am guessing it must have pasted a month or so ago. She may have gotten butted by another goat or something and that must have been why it died. It was very sad looking. I buried it in our pet graveyard.
    thanks
    lorane

7. BBCHICKS123

Dec 19, 2016
    Wander land
    Oh that must have been heart breaking.
    Do you have a picture of the little girl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by