Goat proofing...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Tomboy-125, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Tomboy-125

Tomboy-125 New Egg

Jul 2, 2010
    we have 5 chickens and a big tractor/coop. We haved moved our chickens into a bigger area, but we have 3 little pygmy goats in that area. The coop stays open now because the chickens are in a much bigger fenced in area and the goats don't bother the chickens, and the chickens don't bother the goats. However, the goats can get into the coop and eat the chicken feed. We have tried to block off the entrance to the tractor leaving a small hole for the chickens to walk through, but the goats can still squeeze through that. I don't think the hole can get any smaller for the chickens and I have thought about putting the hole in the top corner of the little door so the chickens can maybe fly through the hole but the goats can quite get through it. The hole would be about 2 to 2 1/2 feet off the ground and I guess I could put a little perch up there for the chickens to grab on to to walk through, but does anybody have a better idea?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by