Goat python dust

Mrichard0930

Songster
7 Years
Sep 15, 2016
Hello two months ago my goats had lice I’m new to goats we just got them few months ago. I treated with dimataceous earth and I didn’t see any and did cycle for 30 day treatment. Well 3 weeks later I noticed they started scratching again today and looked and the lice are back on the one goat I can’t seem to find any in my fine hair goat. This goat has super think fuzzy hair am I ever going to be able to get the lice to go away ? I posted last time and someone said don’t use diatomaceous earth use python dust so I did cave and get thatits more toxic but I guess he was right it didn’t work. I did a python dust today -does it need to be allll over his body since it’s more toxic than DE? Because I had a hard time with this stuff. Do I need to clean bedding too or is python dust kind of like frontline for dogs like as long as python dust on them for next 30 days they won’t get new lice from bedding. Any suggestions would be helpful thanks .

DE won't do anything. Either use the dust, or ivomec. The dust I would do weekly for 3-4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom