Goat Thieves in NJ/PA!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by goldensunriseranch, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Hi, I wanted to post here with a notice to beware since alot of chicken folks are also goat raisers. I am in southern NJ and had a couple coming Sunday from Shenandoah PA. Well they never showed, never called, but later that day the goat they were supposed to be buying was stolen from my barn while I was out. They were coming for a black agouti wether, and my only wether in the barn was gone later that day. They moved my lawn tractor away from the dutch door to his stall so I know he was taken and not just lost. If anyone in that area knows of someone with a very nice new disbudded black agouti wether that has been recently banded (neutered) with a green castrating ring, I am offering a reward for his safe return! We DO know their address and phone #, names etc and the police are investigating with this information. However I felt the need to post this description/information so others can be wary. Beware of who you deal with through the email no matter what your location! First time in 10 years of goat raising that I've had a problem. It is very sad to know this boy is in the hands of thieves. I waited 2+ hours past their meeting time before needing to head to our other commitment, apparently this is their retaliation. My boy is a tad older than this photo. Thanks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  2. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* A POX ON THOSE BUGGERS!!!!! :[

3. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    How distressing! I'm so sorry this happened to you.
    Have you posted this info and picture on any goat sites?
    Good luck and I hope you find him. [​IMG]

4. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    How terrible! I hope you are able to recover him!

5. ml

ml Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    Oh no that is horrible! Will keep a look out at the local auctions but that is so sad. Very sorry for your loss.

[​IMG]

ml

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    OMG That's ridiculous! [​IMG] I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope you get him back safely!!!

I'll keep an eye out for you...

7. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Sorry for your loss and I can only hope youdo get him back. I gave a wether to some people this year and he got stolen also...its happening all over s Yes I agree with yuo to get all information and even call them back to see that the info is correct. That way you have some way to find him and catch who did it. I bet they dont have him where they live ...he will be somewhere else so when the cops arrive they dont get into trouble. I hope they do find him. Good luck

8. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Thanks All! I will continue to post this elsewhere also. I get alot of hits on my website and it's there as well. But hopefully the police will have luck on their side. I expect that the goat is probably not at their place, but at a family member's or friend's for now. But they have to bring him home eventually! Trying not to let this ruin all other plans to deal with others in the future. It has certainly made me require alot more information and an actual phone conversation beforehand. And will never plan a meeting unless I plan to be home the entire day. I guess a few hours grace time just isn't always enough. I thought it strange they just didn't call when they got lost when I gave them both my phone #s. I may also require a paypal in advance before I even give them my address.
    Thanks!

9. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I'm so sorry. I hope the police find the thieves.

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Did they know you had another engagement later, after your meeting time with them? If so, maybe they purposely waited until you all left the property to be able to get a goat for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by