Goat Trading

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Broke Down Ranch, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I am excited - I just traded 4 laying hens, a dog house, and 10 3-week old chicks for a purebred Nubian doe that is 10 months old. YAY me!!!

Now to figure out getting the goat here and the doghouse there...lol.

2. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I just bought a 4 month old nubian doe. She is a hoot!! Loves to be on top of the round bale of hay! She jumps up there and then looks down at the horses. Do you have the goat yet? I want to see pics!!! PLEASE!!!

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Good for you:) Now if I could only trade my mare for some sheep and chickens and ? Guess I need to place an add somewhere saying I want to trade her huh? Maybe they could bring you the goat and take the doghouse with them on the return trip home?

4. boilerjoe_96

boilerjoe_96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    West Lafayette, IN
    Quote:Sounds like a good trade to me..... Good job!!

5. Broke Down Ranch

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I don't have her here yet but they are bringing her tomorrow [​IMG] we are going to follow them back to help unload the doghouse - it weighs a couple hundred pounds and he is disabled. But you can see her from this ad:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/grd/720762028.html

6. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    Oh how sweet!!! She still looks young. Give her plenty of treats by hand and she will be your best friend in no time!!

7. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Well, aren't you lucky. I was given a free boer buckling as a pet from a breeder, because he was close to her heart because she saved him from near death, but then we relized we didn't need him as another wether so we traded him, a registerable 100% fullblood extremely stocky, triplet, boer buckling, correct colored, super friendly, bottle fed buckling for a Heinz 57, 4 breeded, ugly doeling. [BTW, I had the choice of her, or wait two months and get a registered american nubian doeling] Well she is under harness goat training and is a DREAM to work with. Most easygoing goat there is. So everyone is happy, well except our friends who took the buckling, as he is unable to breed as of this moment. [​IMG] Enjoy your nubian.

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I know you are excited but I have to ask -

Will this be an only goat? Do you have good fencing?

If the answers are yes and no - in that order - do you like your paint job on your car? do you like the vegetation in your yard? do your neighbors like you alot?

A lone goat gets bored and loney very easily. They can cause so much damage and be so very mischevious.

If your fences are not strong and in good order you will have to go in search of your goat often.

If this is the only goat please please try to find it a goat friend.

9. Broke Down Ranch

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Quote:I think those pics are from when they first got her and not recent. Since she is 10 months she should be bigger than that now......they say she is a doll - I just hope my other goats don't give her too much grief.

Quote:No, she won't be alone but they have a boer that will be left all alone - if I had the money I would try to talk them out of him/her. And our fences are good [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    yayyy! I just read you have more goats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by