We have a 14 week old goat that we banded 4 weeks ago. I'm not exactly sure what happened (never had a problem before) but last night I noticed that where we banded him was discolored. His scrotum has been hard and cold for a few weeks now and I usually just take a quick glance. So last night I noticed the discoloration but it was getting dark so I sprayed some Banixx on it and decided to check better today. Big problem. The band is no longer there and he is now infected. There's a smell and a little bit of pus....only at the band site. He is still acting well and eating and drinking (still nurses on his dam). We are going out to clean him and apply some blu kote. My question is... 1. how much penicillin should I give him And 2. Should we wait until the infection is cleared up to band him again? My fear is that if we put another band on him with the infection there, I will make a bad situation worse. He is destined for the freezer but I really want him healthy and older. This is my first time with a problem with banding. ETA - Mom had her cd/t 30 days prior to kidding and he has both cd/t at 8 weeks and then 12 weeks.