Goats and pigs

robot rooster

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
Can pigs and Nigerian Dwarfs roam together? In other words, if I build a pen big enough for both of them roam freely, would it be ok, or would the pigs kill the goats?

Stupid question, but still one I'm pondering

hello, my PBP's and my goats get along great!..they sleep together and my goat kinda chews on and grooms my pig...
lol.png
, but, my goats have been around my pigs since they were weeks old babies...good luck!, Wendy

2008_02020041.jpg

2008_10170033.jpg

That's hilarious!!!! I called DH in to look. I said "hey hun, look, we CAN have a goat in the house" ( He said no
sad.png
) but thought it was cute!

I am keeping my GOS breeder gilt, 2 feeder pigs, and my 4 goats together in a large pasture. I separated one goat off when she gave birth. Once I feel the kids will be safe they will be released. For the most part the goats and pigs hang out separately. When I'm in the pasture they all hang around me. They all rush me for food and I have never had any problems with the pigs bothering the goats. It would depend a lot on your pigs temperament. My breeder gilt is a sweetheart. The feeder pigs are a bit crazy. Can't wait to eat them.

Quote:
LOL...they are cute together....i only had the goat in the house when she was a tiny baby, because i got her in january (of last year), and it was to cold to have a 2 week old baby in the barn all by herself....so, hubby built a pen in our back living room for her....and when we took her out of the pen, we put her diapers on...
big_smile.png

Quote:
I showed mine too and he ran away!

and said, that redhen is a nut case...
lol.png

No, more like, IF we get goats they are not living inside!!!

Quote:
and said, that redhen is a nut case...
lol.png

No, more like, IF we get goats they are not living inside!!!

well..i had to do what i had to do...changed the little pen daily...kept it clean...easy really...lol....i couldnt let her freeze outside....well..thats what i told hubbys anyways...
lol.png
also, i have a gated off tile kitchen....so, when she was out of her pen..thats where she played...
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom