goats health

Does anyone know why a goat huntches over and bows his legs?
Pain (especially abdominal pain), cold, not feeling well in general. You need to get a temperature on the goat Use a thermometer rectally.

Call your veterinarian. If you do not have one, start looking, now. A normal goat does not behave in such a way, and if you have little goat experience, you need a medical professional. Speaking on the phone with your livestock veterinarian will not cost you anything, and will determine if the problem needs to be seen, or the vet can give you advise and/or medications without seeing the animal.

What is the goat eating? List everything in the daily diet and amounts. How old is the goat? When did the behavior start? What is that temperature (this is critical)? What has been done to treat the goat, if anything?

If your goat just does this occasionally and is not sick or with fever, he is just stretching. I have only seen this a few times in only our boys, both wethered and adult and just yesterday in our newly adopted 5 no.old buckling. I know it looks strange when they do this. We have had goats for about 5 1/2 years and this has never been a symptom of anything. Instead of stretching out they look like they are crunching themselves up. I wish I had a pic of one doing this. I will try to get one in the future and post it here. Just to be on the safe side, I would take his temp. and watch for signs of pain over a days period, but it sounds to me like he was just reverse stretching.

Sorry just not seeing this...my enternet has been off lately. I told them what all he eats then was told to watch him more closely .....LOL! Realized he was getting a hard on and was check it out but I didn't expect. The rest....nasty...then afterwards he ****** my boots

Sorry just not seeing this...my enternet has been off lately. I told them what all he eats then was told to watch him more closely .....LOL! Realized he was getting a hard on and was check it out but I didn't expect. The rest....nasty...then afterwards he ****** my boots

Yea....they do make that motion when they ejaculate or attempt to urinate on their faces. From your original post, I suspected it was something your goat was doing all day, standing hunched, not a momentary movement. I am glad you figured it out!

Me as well...I would've been very upset if If I had to pay the veterinary bill of the gas expense of him coming around 40 to 50 miles to tell me it works.,LOL!

Aren't bucks nasty? Maybe your is just sexually maturing? When you said it was a male that appeared to have abdominal pain, I wondered if he had a blocked urethra which is something wethers can be at risk for& can be extremely serious. I didn't think that many people have bucks! My goats are San Clemente Island Goats-a buck & 2 does. In this breed the bucks smell considerably less disgusting--I can smell him from 10 feet away instead of 30! He's very handsome-have you seen photographs of the ones they used to trophy hunt for their horns? What kind of goats do you have?

Back
Top Bottom