Goats! How to tell if they are pregnate??

GoatFlowers

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 5, 2012
I bred three of my pygmy goats. They where breed the 9 of September(this month) It hasnt even been a full month yet. I just want to know how to tell if it took or not. Their bellies are a little bigger, not in a bloated or they ate to much kind of way. its their lower stomach, and its tight and very round. When should i be able to tell if they for sure are preggo? Help please!
smile.png

I bred three of my pygmy goats. They where breed the 9 of September(this month) It hasnt even been a full month yet. I just want to know how to tell if it took or not. Their bellies are a little bigger, not in a bloated or they ate to much kind of way. its their lower stomach, and its tight and very round. When should i be able to tell if they for sure are preggo? Help please!
smile.png

You will not be able to see any change in size due to pregnancy at this time. They likely just indulged on hay or whatever you feed.

It is still too early for even a blood pregnancy test to determine if they are pregnant. Once they are over thirty days bred, then you can draw a sample of blood (or have the vet do it if you can't), and send it to biotracking. If you don't send in a blood test, the only want to know is when you feel kid movement, which doesn't happen until much, much later in the pregnancy.

Okay, Thank you very much!!

I have a friend, a long time goat breeder by the way, who swore pygmies were born pregnant because they are so prolific. If you bred them, chances are they are pregnant. Just watch to see if they come in heat 18 to 21 days after they were bred though.

I know this is a old post but they were all pregos! One started labor and 20 minutes later she had two adorable twin girls. One was in labor for 6 hours and had the baby backwards it ripped her. She was exhausted but she pushed one out 40 minutes later and then another one 30 minutes later the last was still born,(It stayed in too long) But the two that lived were girls they had to be bottle feed. The last mom gave birth to one. She was in labor for about 1 hr 30 mins and the babies head came out and ripped her a little she then walked around for 30 minutes with it hanging out. In writing it doesn't seem so bad but it was terrible. I thought i was going to lose my girl that gave birth to the triplets and the one with the baby sticking out. After about 20 minutes of trying to push the head back in and change its position i couldn't do it. I was a nervous wreck. I went inside and bald my eyes out, I was having a panic attack! We then called a close friend as a last ditch effort to get the baby out and they got it! It was a BIG boy! I mean BIG! After that i had to bottle feed both the two girls and the boy. The close friend also looked at my other girl that gave birth to the triplets and said she wouldn't make it. The next day i went out and milked the two girls trying to get mama milk for them, but they only gave me about 3 cups if that. I had to doctor the mama that gave birth to the boy(Down there...) And the one that gave birth to the triples had molasses and electrolytes down her throat, the other mamas got some as well. They ended up pulling through all of them! I sold the two girls form the triplet group to a close friend, and gave the Boy away for free to the ones who delivered him(They did so much for me!!) The other two that were dam raised i sold three weeks before i was supposed to because they stopped milking and ate and drank like big goats so i sold them. I made sure they were healthy and okay to leave. They went to a loving home with two little girls. Anyway i am never breeding my goats again. Maybe the one that did so good but idk. So yep thought i would share with ya'll

Back
Top Bottom