Goats in No. Va. (Centreville)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by birdlover, Nov 2, 2008.

1. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Hi,

I posted about a free LaMancha goat at the fall festival where I am working and received a few responses. The said goat is happily living with AussieSharon who came to get her last week. It was really a kind of under-the-table deal as we all just wanted to see her away from all the bully goats (bully - NOT BILLY). My boss said I could give her away so I did! However, the man who actually buys the goats at an auction and brings them to the farm, owns them. He will pick them up after the festival is over (Tues. or Wed.) and take them back to auction. He thinks of these goats as nothing but a way to make some money. That being said, I caught up with the real owner two days ago and he said they are all for sale. Average sized goats are $50 but $40 if you buy 3 or more. Little goats are $25 - $30. I cannot tell you the breeds of the goats but aussiesharon saw them and is willing to give you as much info as she can. Also, the little goat she got has lice, eye, ear and throat problems and is undernourished. This means the other goats may also have similar problems although I know for a fact they aren't all undernourished. Some are downright fat! LOL Anyway, I just thought I'd post about these goats as I'd love to see as many as possible go to loving homes. If you have questions, you can PM me or Sharon. (aussiesharon) There's close to 100 goats to choose from.

Ellen

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    We love our little girl but like Ellen said she has some medical issues we're having to address and with being bullied by other goats she's on the very skinny side.

Some of the goats are on the skinny side but there are many others that are chubby and certainly didn't miss a meal. There were many very beautiful goats and even my hubby was pointing out some rather pretty ones.

I'll be happy to help in any way I can and like Ellen hope that others will be willing to give these goats the wonderful homes they deserve.

3. AussieSharon

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I hope someone has seen this and got a new goat. [​IMG]

4. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Oh, Shaaaaaron? Where are the pictures of Leia. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  5. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I would love to get 2 of the little goats, but am in NC. If anyone is headed this way let me know.

6. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Sorry Willow. I'm afraid the goats are being picked up today to go back to auction. [​IMG]

7. AussieSharon

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I'll get photos. Had rain yesterday so it wasn't a good day. Today is bright and sunny so for sure.

Ellen do you know which auction they are going to?

8. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    No, but I'll see if I can find out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by