Goats in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by nchls school, Mar 14, 2016.

1. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    One of my students asked that I inquire if anyone in Northern Wisconsin has goats for sale. I think the boy would be happy with any goat. Possibly someone has an orphaned kid. Feel free to PM if you wish.

Thank you.

2. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Hello! There is a group on facebook called Wisconsin Dairy Goats. Most goat dairies right now are well into kidding, and male kids are a dime a dozen (not really, more like $10-20 each). Wethered males make great pets. However, one should never keep a single goat. They're herd animals, and shouldn't be kept alone. A pair of does, a wether and a doe, or a pair of wethers is a good start for someone new to goats.

I'm likely too far away to be convenient, but I am expecting registered Nigerian Dwarf kids in April, May, and June. Two doelings are already spoken for, but since three of my expecting does have had triplets, I would guess there will be plenty of kids on the ground (hopefully not all boys!).

3. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Most put their bottle kids on Craigslist, so I would check there, that's how I find mine, this time of year the dairy kids, especially the boys need homes.

4. nchls school

Apr 22, 2015
    Thank you. I will tell the boy to check Craigslist.

5. nchls school

Apr 22, 2015
    Thank you for the reply. I will pass the information on. In talking with the boy he says he would like to have two or three.

6. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    You can contact the American Dairy Goat Association and ask for a list of breeders in Wisconsin. You should be able to find their mailing address online. I believe the web address is adga.org.

7. nchls school

Apr 22, 2015
    Thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by