Goats Milk for Cheese - Coweta County, Georgia

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by twall, Mar 27, 2008.

1. twall

twall New Egg

Mar 27, 2008
    Hi. I am interested in trying to make cheese from goat's milk and wondered if those who have goats (as pets or as a business), sell the goats' milk in raw or pasteurized form. I'm in Coweta County, Georgia and wouldn't mind driving a little bit to find a resource.

Thanks!

2. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Hello folow Coweta County resident!!! I am in Newnan too!!!! I don't have goats "yet". We are in the process of putting up our pen and we are getting 4 goats in April!! I hope at least we are getting them. I am on Ware rd in Newnan where are you?? What kind of chickens do you have?? And WELCOME!!!![​IMG]

3. twall

twall New Egg

Mar 27, 2008
    Hi Newnanchick!

I live in Sharpsburg on Fischer Rd. I actually don't have any chickens. (I hope this is ok.) I found this forum when searching online for goat information.

Good luck on getting your new goats!

4. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I know where Fisher road is!!!! I hope that you find someone with goat milk. I do not know of any one who has it. Thanks Livia

5. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Do you have a recipe or link for goats milk cheese. I was talking to a friend about how we've thought about getting milk goats and she said her hubby loves it.

Thanks

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi, e mail me. I've got some milk resources for you. I'll try to post cheese recipes but it will be tomorrow night more than likely.

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
  8. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Thank you Missprissy. They were making goats cheese on Martha Stewart today. I recorded it so I can go back to it too.

9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I found a great new recipe for my goat milk. It is called Beginner's Goat Cheese and it's from Capri Herb Farm

find it at www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_goatcheese2.htm

I
    find it very adaptable and you can vary it for basic cheese, ricotta or cottage cheese. Plus - you don't have to cook very long/stir as you do with the other recipes as much. And no rennet.

Enjoy.

Last edited: May 21, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by