Goats Milk for Cheese - Coweta County, Georgia

twall

Hatching
11 Years
Mar 27, 2008
Hi. I am interested in trying to make cheese from goat's milk and wondered if those who have goats (as pets or as a business), sell the goats' milk in raw or pasteurized form. I'm in Coweta County, Georgia and wouldn't mind driving a little bit to find a resource.

Thanks!

newnanchic

Songster
12 Years
Jan 3, 2008
Newnan, Georgia
Hello folow Coweta County resident!!! I am in Newnan too!!!! I don't have goats "yet". We are in the process of putting up our pen and we are getting 4 goats in April!! I hope at least we are getting them. I am on Ware rd in Newnan where are you?? What kind of chickens do you have?? And WELCOME!!!!

twall

Hatching
11 Years
Mar 27, 2008
Hi Newnanchick!

I live in Sharpsburg on Fischer Rd. I actually don't have any chickens. (I hope this is ok.) I found this forum when searching online for goat information.

Good luck on getting your new goats!

RubberChickenLubber

Songster
12 Years
Oct 19, 2007
Newton, NC
Do you have a recipe or link for goats milk cheese. I was talking to a friend about how we've thought about getting milk goats and she said her hubby loves it.

Thanks

bargain

Love God, Hubby & farm
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Bowdon, GA
Hi, e mail me. I've got some milk resources for you. I'll try to post cheese recipes but it will be tomorrow night more than likely.

bargain

Love God, Hubby & farm
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Bowdon, GA
I found a great new recipe for my goat milk. It is called Beginner's Goat Cheese and it's from Capri Herb Farm

find it at www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_goatcheese2.htm

I
find it very adaptable and you can vary it for basic cheese, ricotta or cottage cheese. Plus - you don't have to cook very long/stir as you do with the other recipes as much. And no rennet.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Top Bottom