Goats--- think this will work

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chatychick, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Gonna give this a try on a goat that wont give it up... http://www.easywean.com.au/sheep.htm think this should do it as she is stubborn and I dont want to separate her by herself...got some ordered ...might have some extras to sell to maybe...

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    This is a joke, right? [​IMG]

Have you seen the one for horses? [​IMG]

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

My DH uses those on his calves when they get stubborn. We had a weanling that went back to mamma after being seperated for 3 months!

4. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:Not a very funny one. If this is a serious question, well, just DON'T.

Seperate her out, but within site of the others.

5. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Not a very funny one. If this is a serious question, well, just DON'T.

Seperate her out, but within site of the others.

I have seen/known meany farmers who have used these or simalar items...They have all said good things about them...
    They do not harm the animal---it's not a nose ring...it's like a fake earring/clip on earring....it' puts a slight pressure on the animals nose/muzzle when they try to nurse...The mother doesn't seem bothered by it either...
    Now again, I said I know farmers who have used them...i have never used them on any of our animals...haven't needed to!!!

6. username taken

username taken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Wow, I wondered if they made these for sheep/goats.

We have tried them on cattle. In the end, I think its easier to wean traditionally. We've found with the cattle, on the majority of calves it works, but there are always a few that manage to figure out how to suck without sticking the cow with the prongs. And we had a few manage to remove them.

having said that, I know people that use them routinely without any problems at all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by