Goats--- think this will work

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chatychick, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Chatychick

Chatychick Songster

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Gonna give this a try on a goat that wont give it up... http://www.easywean.com.au/sheep.htm think this should do it as she is stubborn and I dont want to separate her by herself...got some ordered ...might have some extras to sell to maybe...

2. helmstead

helmstead Songster

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    This is a joke, right? [​IMG]

Have you seen the one for horses? [​IMG]

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

My DH uses those on his calves when they get stubborn. We had a weanling that went back to mamma after being seperated for 3 months!

4. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:Not a very funny one. If this is a serious question, well, just DON'T.

Seperate her out, but within site of the others.

5. Quote:Not a very funny one. If this is a serious question, well, just DON'T.

Seperate her out, but within site of the others.

I have seen/known meany farmers who have used these or simalar items...They have all said good things about them...
    They do not harm the animal---it's not a nose ring...it's like a fake earring/clip on earring....it' puts a slight pressure on the animals nose/muzzle when they try to nurse...The mother doesn't seem bothered by it either...
    Now again, I said I know farmers who have used them...i have never used them on any of our animals...haven't needed to!!!

6. username taken

username taken Songster

Jan 31, 2009
    Wow, I wondered if they made these for sheep/goats.

We have tried them on cattle. In the end, I think its easier to wean traditionally. We've found with the cattle, on the majority of calves it works, but there are always a few that manage to figure out how to suck without sticking the cow with the prongs. And we had a few manage to remove them.

having said that, I know people that use them routinely without any problems at all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by