1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

gobble gobble!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by miss_jayne, Oct 22, 2008.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Shelleyb1969 and her delightful little boy (who loves to play with our chickens and turkeys etc.) just came by to grab some feed.

her son wanted to see my turkeys, so out we went. he chased them out of the coop into the run and 'GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!' (they are 8 1/2 weeks old.)

the First Gobbles! [​IMG] and a second joined in! Shelley and me were jumping around like we won the lotto or something! [​IMG]

just thought i would share, since this is my first experience with turkeys. love them! [​IMG]

2. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Thats too cute! We have wild turkeys where I live, when we drive by, we stop the car and my husband gobbles at them. The Toms will answer back and strut their stuff, it makes our boys bust up!! Enjoy the kids n the birds!
    Tina/tfpets

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    they are crazy little characters!

4. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

That was definitely a hoot...I mean gobble! We were just a little excited, weren't we! [​IMG] Thanks so much for having us today. As usual, we loved our visit. [​IMG] My little man just had to tell his Daddy about chasing "Miss Rhandi"s BIG turkeys, and big ducks. He just adores you...as you can tell by his very consistent "fits" when it's time to go home!

5. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Oh, and thanks for giving me the turkey bug. lol I've got to get some next spring...they're just too funny. If not for meat, then for the sheer joy of watching my son laugh as he's chasing them!

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    oh my gosh! i am so glad you two were here!

and we adore him too! my kids were VERY upset that you all were here and they were not!

my big turkeys! ha! wait a few weeks, he wont know what to think![​IMG]

hope your visitors get there safe tomorrow!!!

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:yes! you do! they are so fun! and no thanks needed! it's a treat having a 'little one' around this place again!

it was sheer joy, wasn't it? well, until the dirt dive into the chicken poop!

8. farm_mom

farm_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    MI
    [​IMG] My 3 and 4 year olds get ours to gobble on command by crowing like a rooster at them! Works every time! I remember how excited we were when we heard our first gobbles. Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    how fun is that!!! i'll try crowing at them today!

do i have to walk around like a chicken while i do it?[​IMG]

10. farm_mom

farm_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    MI

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by