GOD BLESS LOUISIANA!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheOLDNewChick, Jan 9, 2008.

1. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Here's to all of us who live in Louisiana, some born and raised here, some got here as fast as they could and others who would like to be from Louisiana. This is the best version of this that I have seen. Let's hear it for Louisiana!

Rules of Louisiana:

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road." I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

3. They are cattle & oil wells. That's what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-20 and I-10 go east and west, I-49 goes north and south. Pick one.

4. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 rice strippers that are driven only 3 times a year.

5. So every person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of doves are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

7. Yeah, we eat catfish & crawfish and love it. You really want sushi & caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

9. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age.

10. No, there's no "vegetarian special" on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.

11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: Onion, Pepper, and Garlic!

Oh, yeah.... We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat... It ain't real Jambalaya. Jambalaya was born and bred in Louisiana....and real Gumbo never met a tomato!

12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

13. College and High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

14. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards it spooks the fish.

15. Colleges? Try Louisiana Tech, NSU, UL, or LSU. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at passing pickups when they come for the holidays.

16. We have more folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines, than any other state, so DON'T screw with Louisiana. If you do, you will get whipped by the best.

17. Always remember what a great mind once said: "The United States wouldn't be what it is today if it had not been for Louisiana!"

Louisiana is the greatest state ever!!

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    That's a good post. Never been to LA, but I read James Lee Burke books because I like that Louisiana atmosphere and he expresses it well.

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    [​IMG] Love it! I've seen some like that about NC...kinda the same things too.

4. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    AMEN!

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    That's a great one. I was born in Zachary and all my family lives in St. Francisville and Baton Rouge and Baker. Love it there, visit as often as I can. AWWWWWWEEEEEEEEE

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    However did the Spears family end up in such a lovely place ! ! And when are they leaving?

7. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    When I use to drive a truck...I tried crawfish for the 1st time in La. and loved it! LSU is my second favorite college footbal team. I also love how La. has so many things for sportsmen to do. You forgot ....TULANE
    "the Green Wave"
    Oh, and I open doors for women! (if my mother found out I didn't she'd shoot me)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  8. menkot

menkot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    Where is NSU? I put tomato sauce in my gumbo. I thought i was supposed to lol. I had salad for lunch today but it also had grilled chicken in it . I think I resemble most of those.

Question for other LA'ers.... How do you pronounce New Orleans. I always see New Awlins... we have never pronounced it that way and only time I have heard it pronounced that was is on tv??? We pronounce it New Orlins.

9. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    No kidding about the screwed up Spears family. They live pretty close to all my family in West Feliciana Parish. I probably should not admit that... that and a buck 25 might get me a coca cola. [​IMG]

10. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    NSU is in thibodaux. Nope no tomatoe sauce in gumbo. [​IMG] Menkot where are you at. I never really noticed how I say New Orleans. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by