God bless my little Polish

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JennsPeeps, Sep 29, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Beaker, our wee splash Polish, laid her first egg the day before we returned from our honeymoon (Sept 14). She was 19 1/2 weeks at the time and has become a great little layer, laying us 35-gram eggs about 5x/week. What a great little bird!

Beaker is in the upper right hand corner of this pic:
    [​IMG]

2. vnploveschickens

vnploveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Well bless Beaker's little heart! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Congratulations to you two, JennPeeps and Hubby! [​IMG]

3. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

That is so sweet [​IMG]

I keep getting mixed messages about Polish - some of the things I read suggest they are "wacky" and difficult; other people seem to love them.

Are both things true?

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I keep getting mixed messages about Polish - some of the things I read suggest they are "wacky" and difficult; other people seem to love them.

I think so, too. I have 5 Polish, and the ones that CAN see are ok. The ones that can NOT see (crest over eyes) are crazy .... simply because they can't see! I think they should all have haircuts, so they calm down..... but then they aren't as cute. Hhmmm.. [​IMG]

Oh, by the way ..... Hooray for Beaker! Very pretty bird! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  5. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Awww!!!! Congrats on your first polish eggie! [​IMG]

I am one of those people who love my polish girls. I have 3 hens, 2 of which are laying, and they are the best little layers. Faithfully leaving me a good sized white egg at least 5 days a week! Mine are a little wacky, but they handle themselves well. Sweet girls and I love em! I even had one of my "Fros" go broody!

6. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] Beaker!! Good job...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by