God Bless You Dad

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by tdgill, Apr 23, 2009.

1. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

My father passed away last week - he was 75 years old. He'd been through 2 open heart surgeries in the last 20 years but was doing all he could to hang in there and stick around. He wasn't as active as he would have liked, being a handyman for mom his whole life, but he spent alot of time on the computer or working on computers and was an avid reader. He will be missed by many, but he is forever with us and in our hearts.
    God Bless. Rest in peace Daddy.

I've missed being here, but wishing I had spent more time somewhere else. darn chickens. ha.

2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    I am sorry to hear about your dad, I will be praying for you. [​IMG]

3. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    I am so sorry for you loss! ***big hugs***

4. new chicken mommy

new chicken mommy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2008
    athens vt
    [​IMG] I lost my dad 2 years ago and i still miss him horrible ! but it does get better.

5. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I am so sorry to hear about your Dad! My prayers are with you! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    I'm sorry to hear that. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need us, we are all here to talk and listen. [​IMG]

7. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

My condolences and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Peace and love be with you... I'm so sorry about the loss of your father, but know he is in a better place.

[​IMG]

8. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

thank you all so much.

Maybe there's a deeper reason I got these little fuzzy butts after all. Lord knows they sure are something..... [​IMG]

9. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    [​IMG] This is a tough time in your life right now and we're all here for you. I'm so sorry for your loss [​IMG] It's been 2 years this month since I lost my grandma and it feels like it was just yesterday all over again [​IMG] I understand [​IMG]

10. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    [​IMG] I'm sorry you lost him

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by