God has a sense of humor...

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Q9, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Q9

Q9 General Headache

And I think it's mostly ironic. Being a nerd, I can't help but notice these things.

Ancient times - Emporer Xerxes of Persia declares that he has conquered a certain river after lashing the water with a whip. As his army is retreating later, the river freezes. The army crosses, BUT...

The ice breaks. Most of the Persian Army falls in.

1860s - A poor Union officer brags that Confederate sharpshooters "couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Immediately after speaking, a bullet hits him.

Modern times - The Gore Effect. Anywhere Al Gore goes, it seems to get incredibly cold. Food for thought. (You gotta admit, no matter what you think about global warming, that is FUNNY!)

EDIT: Feel free to add your own examples!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  2. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Quote:So, I'm not the only one who noticed this? [​IMG]

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Now what does it say about me that my first thought upon reading that line was 'when hades freezes"... for that matter what does it say about HIM... food for thought indeed.

4. magistradomina

magistradomina Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    Thanks for sharing!

5. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    Ha ha! That's funny. I always think of giraffes, octopi, wildebeast, and okapis whenever somebody mention's God's sense of humor. [​IMG]

Oh my WORD! You changed your avatar...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  6. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:Something wrong with that? [​IMG]

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] That's too funny. I was just telling others to hit refresh to see MY new one, but I didn't do it and notice yours.

Duck Billed Platypus... 'nuf said.

8. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Quote:General John Sedgwick, Battle of Spotsylvania Court House, May 9, 1864

9. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:General John Sedgwick, Battle of Spotsylvania Court House, May 9, 1864

Thank you. [​IMG] I must be tired, usually I can remember obscure details. Or maybe I'm losing touch with my nerd side. I've been stuck reading English fiction rather than American history for the past couple of months. Maybe that's what's doing it.

10. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    My eldest is in Advanced Placement History. On school open house night before the first day of school, we visited the teacher's classroom.

My 9 year old, after seeing the classroom bookshelves, blurts out, "Oh great, this looks just like dad's bookcase at home - BOR-ING!" [​IMG]

Embrace the inner nerd....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by