God must not be finished with me

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sheila3935, Jul 10, 2011.

1. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Today I went for a boat ride with my DH and his friend Rob. Rob had a rubber pull behind raft like thing not sure what its called. So me not being the daring type decided after seeing hubby on it I was going to try. Well here I am on the lake enjoying the ride with the sun and waves in my face when... the rope breaks. I go tumbling off the thing and it flips over on top of me.Every time I tried to get the darn thing off it just keeps rolling back up over me pushing me under the water. By then I am freaking and fighting. After the third time down I decided if I dont calm down I am going to drown. So i grab hold of it with both hands and let it pull me to the top then I start kicking. By then hubby is in the water grabbing me and they pull me back up on the boat. After swallowing a pot full of water and sucking some in my lungs I am finally safe back on the boat. I wont be doing that again anytime soon. Like I said God was with me. He must have more for me to do, besides he was probably thinking who would take care of my chickies. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Glad you are okay!

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have a similar water skiing story. I tell ya being under water and not being able to get back up is the MOST scary thing to happen to a person. Glad to see you still with us.

4. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    [​IMG] I'm happy you're safe.

5. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Glad you're okay! [​IMG]
    There was a reason why I was not one of the volunteers for the water ski on camp [​IMG]

6. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Thank you all I appreciate all the well wishes.

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I am very glad you are still with us!!

I know how scary it is to be caught underwater and struggle to get up into the air. And that's just from swimming in the ocean and being carried out further by a rip tide - so there's no water-skiing for me in my future!

8. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Oof, you've been caught in a rip before?

That must not have been fun.

I was on holiday in some part of SA, and my mum and I were walking on the rocks at a pretty remote beach... Whoosh, this enormous wave slammed us against the boulder and threatened to suck us back to sea: it came up to my waist and my mum's shoulders, I guess we are very lucky that we managed to hang on.

It was a bad experience.

9. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Sounds like he needed company to me. That's scary. Good thing you calmed down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by