Goden Laced Wyandotte

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lillypond, Jan 29, 2015.

1. lillypond

lillypond New Egg

Nov 22, 2014
    [​IMG]

I fell in love with this online picture, does anyone know what she is or who breeds/sells them? I know she is a golden laced Wyandotte but is she a GL blue or a variety of black? I am just now starting to raise GLW and have an order of 26 chicks coming in May and I would love to add some chicks of this variety but no one seems to know what she is. Are they an "accepted" variety of GLW? Please help me find some.

Leona

2. Sunshine0235

Sunshine0235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Lebanon Ohio
    Looks gold laced black, the blueish on some of the feathers looks like flash from the camera or lights on the glossy feathers

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  3. lillypond

lillypond New Egg

Nov 22, 2014
    Thank you. I wondered bout that too but I looked at the other side in the shadows and it was blue too but it could still be I suppose. I did see a listing for a gold laced blue but there was no pic so I don't know if it was this or not. Thanks again!

4. lillypond

lillypond New Egg

Nov 22, 2014
    Sorry it was blue laced gold but here is a pic and it doesn't look the same but I think the lighting is the issue too.

[​IMG]

This is from Wilsons Wyandotte's Website. I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet. I will post his answer when received in case anyone else was wondering. Thanks again,

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    She looks like an ordinary GLW to me (I think that the blue appearance is from the lighting).

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I agree. She's a beautiful bird. :eek:)

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    that's what I see, too.

9. lillypond

lillypond New Egg

Nov 22, 2014
    I just got an email from Bob Wilson and he said he has them but he's in Australia. I sent him the pic to verify but I described them and he said he has them! He said he would tell me how to breed them, I'll let you all know, thanks for the input, I hope this is for real, stay tuned [​IMG].

10. lillypond

lillypond New Egg

Nov 22, 2014
    OK here is what Rob Wilson said,

"some times the gloss in the black shows as blue but usually it signifies the blue gene is in the black . pure black has green sheen. if you can get a blue wyandotte female to breed with gold laced will give you blue lacing the second year by putting brother and sister together. the genetics here may be slightly diferent from the usa but you should be able to get this color. ROB"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by