Godparents for my Ducks ??!!!!

Hattiegun

Songster
10 Years
Oct 30, 2009
Twin Lakes, Iowa (Manson)
k, I know Im getting crazier BY the DAY !! I want Godparents for my ducks ! if something happened to me I have absolutely No-one that would want , or that I would want to take my ducks !. Now I know I would be gone and not know the diff BUT ??!!!!
so am I crossing that cRaZy line ?? I want my ducks to be spoilt !!! I would also do the same for someone else.
also included would be my set-up and the arrangements to get it.! I have 4 calls..
love.gif

LOL! Godparents for the ducks--I LOVE it.

I don't think it's crazy to make sure your ducks are taken care of no matter what happens to you--it's just called being responsible (maybe just a TAD more responsible than is normal or really even completely sane, but still--I'm not knocking it!).

Calling your back-up plan "godparents" is, however, undeniably crazy.

Luckily, mild craziness of this sort often contributes to good parenting choices, so I strongly encourage you to feed your craziness. A) Get more ducks. B) Name me as Godmother. C) Sign Power of Attorney. D) Die or, alternately, distribute your assets early and deliver the goods to my door.

K?

Quote:
U GOT IT !!!! oh except for the early delivery !! LOL Im sure my ducks would be very happy to live with little or NO snow..
well, we r leaving on a trip (which is killin me) and I was thinkin if something happened to us ?? what would happen * uggh* to them.
I need to know they would go to a good home !!

That is absolutely the responsible thing to do. Everyone should have directives in place for their animals if something should happen to them...I certainly do. You can never be certain what will happen to them if you don't. People you *think* you can trust should always be spoken with about such things, because you'd be surprised...you may think they will step up to the plate but a lot of times they won't. And you always have to consider the complications probate can cause if the situation isn't addressed in a directive ahead of time. Animals are property in a court of law and their feelings are seldom considered.

Anyone who ever considers leaving an advance directive for animals should also make sure money is earmarked for it...don't expect your trusted folks to pay for it, especially if it involves paying for expensive animals, like horses. Setting up a trust isn't unheard of for pets.

I think this was a great topic to bring up, Hattiegun, and I think you're a good "ducky parent" for thinking about these things!
smile.png

Last edited:
If you were on this side of the pond, I would take em and spoil the booger outa them! Doog has plenty of peas to go round!
Think you are just bein plain old smart too!
My ducks would go to their grandma and grandad cos they love their grandma and grandad lol!
xxxxxxxx

I have often worried about what would happen to my ducks. Even when I go away for the day- if I am driving more than 20 minutes away - I worry what would happen if I was in a car accident - who would know I have baby ducks inside my house that need food and water. I have stopped worrying quite so much since putting a note in my purse about them. My neighbor has a spare key. But long term I have no plans for them. I have a friend who could come get them all - I am going to her place on the weekend- so may have to bring up the topic and see if she would take them if anything ever happened to me.

I would like to think that when my time does come...Its not in an accident- and that I am old and grey - and pass away quietly in my sleep with a ducky on my lap in front of a warm fire in winter, But it is responsible to make arrangements in case of accidents.

My kids said if something happened to me they are getting rid of the goats, chickens, ducks, and only keeping the mini horses. I really believe them too.

Back
Top Bottom