GODZILLA EGG!

mahen8622

Songster
11 Years
Jan 19, 2009
KY
ok so yesterday i went into the coop to do some maintenance and noticed one of my hens sitting in the nest boxes her name is Coffey lol ne who she is VERRRY notrious for loosing her train of thought.. or laying in her case she gets VERY distracted i call her my lil A.D.D chicken lol so i did my work and noticed yep she was STILL sititng so i went inside to visit with my sister and DH and we went back out to check some of my chicks and the other chickens... Walked in the coop and who do we see but Coffey in the nest box throwing bedding everywhere tryin to build up her nest... mind you it had been an 1hr and a half since id been out there. so we waited and watched and waited and nothing so i thougt hmmm maybe shes going BROODY YAY so i let her be walked out of the coop and i hear CACKLING like she does after she lays her eggs so I ran back in and couldnt believe my eyes THA BAHEIMETH EGG IT WAS GIANT! barely fit in one hand! and was twice the size of any egg my standard chickens ever lay.

Long story i know but i candled it today and its DOUBLE YOLKED!!! WOOHOO so i stuck it in tha bator and im gonna see if i can have a successful hatch cross your fingers and ill keep you all updated!
big_smile.png
wink.png

ill post pics tomorrow evening i promise lol it is huge though i was SHOCKED lol but verrrrry excited i watched a lady on here that had a double yolk help hatch her chicks and they both survived ever since then ive been praying for a double egg lol

Quote:
I so know?!?!?!? We have to have pics---that is too exciting!!!! I hope you can get it to hatch, I've always wondered if that could happen. I have a hen that does that every few weeks , so if yours does good maybe I'll try mine!
big_smile.png

it can b done a lady on here had one hatch each chick pipped at either end of the egg she ended up helping it it was neat she had a video on here but i have no idea how to find it

i know its very true whats japan without godzilla right? wait.... was godzilla in japan.... oh shiz
hmm.png
lol

Back
Top Bottom