Going at it blind...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lswatson111304, Dec 8, 2011.

1. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    Uh oh! DS took off with my flashlight and lost it. The boy gets in trouble daily for stealing it. He has taken it apart multiple times..and well today...its just plain ol lost. So not I can't peek in on my eggs anymore, I can't check the air cells. Nothing. This is such a stressful incubation to begin with and now I'm going at it blind! AHHHH!!!!!
    OH crap...and saying that now I realize that I'm leaving tomorrow evening and won't be home to turn the eggs. NOOOOOO I don't know what to do now. I'll be leaving at about 4pm and not coming home till the next morning. Will that mess things up terribly for day 15?

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

i think ull be fine. i went two weeks without turning eggs cus of work. and they hatched ot fine. soo that little bit of time wont hurt

3. Ukiah

Ukiah Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
    Haha, you'll be fine [​IMG]

If your leaving at 4 PM and coming home the next morning, you honastly have absolutely nothing to worry about.
    Good luck

4. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

no worries.........you will be ok thats not long

5. lswatson111304

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    Phew!! Thanks! I honestly didn't even think about that till I typed it out then I got scared!

6. lswatson111304

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    I found the flash light. Batteries are dead. Now I have to wait for them to charge and I'm going NUTS! I want to check my eggs!

7. lswatson111304

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    AHHH I couldn't wait! I'm such a candling freak! These eggs make me so nervous with the bad cells. So I charged the batteries for a few minutes and peeked into my eggs. They look awesome..well growth wise, the aircells look bad. But they are all still moving and growing the way they should. YAY! Just a few more days!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by