1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

going back to school...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by aubreynoramarie, May 17, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    and i am freaking terrified. I have lived in this college town for five years and have just recently got the guts to make the plunge. Today is my orientation and i feel exactly the same as i did the first day of first grade. holy cow, i have bubble guts [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Good for you!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm sure you'll do just fine. [​IMG]

3. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    I graduated college at 40 and it was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I was so afraid of being the oldest kid in my class, but there were other adult students there as well; and it turned out that we were the ones who wrecked the curve. Adult students just get so much more out of it and put that much more into it. You will excel, I am sure of it.

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

Remember.........everyone is scared........well everyone who is new is scared.

I have gone to the campus a few times, and even I was nervous - I always get lost trying to find places when the area is crowded and busy.

5. outdoor junkie

outdoor junkie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2011
    Flushing
    I returned to school a few years back 16 years after high school. it is odd the first couple of classes, but then you will fall right into a groove. Only tough part was me was having to work with all the little 18 year old boys and girls when a group project thing came up.[​IMG]

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Yeah that first day always bites the big one lol. I've had a ton of them myself, it is the anticipation for me that drives me nuts.

7. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    What really stinks is that my two year degree is going to take five or six years because I need to work. I'm sitting on three potential jobs right now too.

Another crummy thing is that I've reached the age where all my friends are just graduating college and I'm just starting lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by