Going crazy while in lockdown

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chase Family, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Chase Family

Chase Family Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2013
    Arkansas
    Day 19 today. This is our second hatch, but the first one went horribly wrong. We have learned so much since then. However I am going crazy with worry and excitement all at once. How do you all make it through lockdown?

2. Avlana

Avlana Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I watch the incubator intently and listen for peeps [​IMG] Good luck with this hatch! Update and let me know how it goes.

3. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    Sit on those hands!

4. Farmer Viola

Farmer Viola Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2013
    Earth
    omg. it is SO hard! I find something else to do. I usually clean a lot during lockdown LOL
    I also read a book or listen to a book on tape. anything to get me thinking about something else!

5. Chase Family

Chase Family Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2013
    Arkansas
    Well yesterday was day 20 and we had our first hatch at about 2pm. Went out for dinner and got home about 7:30pm and we had our 2nd. On the way to work this evening the wife called me at 9:30 and told me the 3rd and completed the hatch. We are so excited as this is going so much better than the first try. Still 13 more cooking and hoping to go home and see if anymore have made any progress.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by