Going Green Chicken Coop...(FINISHED!!! PICS on Page 2 ***** )

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
....coop!

Everything is recycled from someone, somewhere! (Thanks craigslist for all the free give aways.)

We did have to pick up an extra sheet of plywood we were short... but after 2 weeks of collecting free wood, windows, nails and odds and ends, I didn't want to wait to start it much longer.

Hubby started it today, its 4'x5' and he'll attach the nesting boxes on the exterior to the back. I've got window boxes for plants in the front under the window.

We're still trying to find roofing material, but thats all we need when its time to finish it.

coop1.jpg

coop2.jpg

Here are the ladies waiting on their palace.

coop3.jpg

Last edited:
I love it when people can recycle and pay very little (or nothing) to make such a wonderful coop! Great job.

Love those Silkies!

Awesome! I love the little tractors. I may need to fashion some small things like that to let my birds out from time to time. I can't let them range because we are in the city and ordinances state they must be cooped at all times, but those little things would make it very easy to move them around in the grass...

The chicken tractor is their temp home for now. It will be reused later when I get my ducks... then it will have doors for the ducks to come and go from the pond as they'd like. Again, recycled!
lol.png

I got some paint this morning....

Still on the search for roofing material.
hmm.png

If I don't get a new roof this year, they don't get a new roof this year! LOL

Haven't managed much since saturday, hubby ended up pretty hung over after his birthday bash so sunday was a wash!
lol.png

I did paint the base a deep brown this morning with the help of my daughter, who kept the chickens busy and away from mommy's paint.

Oh, and someone emailed me this morning with odd and ends of roofing material for us to pick up tomorrow. I'm trading them eggs
smile.png

coop4.jpg

We have walls!

(My husband is bound and determined to have this done this weekend before we leave for the beach on sunday.)

coop5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom