Going International

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by C1ndy3, Feb 5, 2013.

1. C1ndy3

C1ndy3 New Egg

Feb 4, 2013
    Hi All, I don't have chickens yet, but my sister-in-law does and we'll be living next-door for part of the year from now on so I thought I'd better learn to help (since I'm hoping to benefit with eggs!). She has chickens, ducks and guinea fowl that I know of. Oh yeah, we'll be in India. Think hot (hot!) and humid... The compound is nearly 2 acres and the flock is allowed to move freely all over the compound all day. I believe they are contained for each night. Anyway, I am looking forward to benefitting from all your greater experiences, so,that if I am left "in charge" for a while in the future, I don't blow it!

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. :thumbsup

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our flock! Best of luck with your flock!

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Hello and, [​IMG]

5. C1ndy3

C1ndy3 New Egg

Feb 4, 2013
    I have been reading a thread answering the question of what to have in a chicken's first aid kit...really great info there!

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC and the role of assistant flock caretaker.

7. C1ndy3

C1ndy3 New Egg

Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks! Now I have been reading about how to train your roosters to be less aggressive. I have been training my first dog ever for the last two years and I can honestly say I never had any idea how complicated it all was! This chicken-keeping stuff is 10 times more complex! Thank heavens for this web site and others it references...

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Don't stress about things that can go wrong before they happen. Rather focus on prevention, know what you need to do when something happens and enjoy the flock. I was quite horrified when I joined this forum and read about all the things that can happen to chickens, but I've had so few problems with mine over the past few years since I've started. I only had one serious injury and some had a respiratory disease that we sorted quickly, so maybe after 7 years and 100's of chickens I've been lucky?

Relax, be prepared, read the threads, read the "sticky threads" (blue, on top in each section) and the Learning Center articles and remember you can always ask us if you need help. And enjoy your chicken experience! Chicken keeping is fun [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by