Going "invisible"?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by ChicknsRock, Nov 20, 2013.

1. ChicknsRock

ChicknsRock Overrun With Chickens

Oct 4, 2013
    What does going invisible mean? Is it when it says a user is "offline" although he's posting?If so, how do I go invisible?
    [​IMG]

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  3. ChicknsRock

ChicknsRock Overrun With Chickens

Oct 4, 2013
    Thanks. I have another question though--how come some users do not have a GFM or a PPM but still go invisible?

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

That shouldn't be possible, so please PM me with some examples of usernames and screenshots where you see evidence of this.

5. silver-quail

silver-quail Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2013
    B.c.
    How is a screenshot going to help figure out if they are online or not?

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    The forum owner has more access than everyone else, so if he has a starting point he can look further. A screen shot PMed to him will give him that start.

7. Nifty-Chicken

We resolved the question. Turns out there was confusion about the "online" and "offline" button under the user's avatars. Everything seems to be functioning properly and as expected.

8. crazyaboutchickens

crazyaboutchickens Live Long And Prosper

Apr 10, 2010
    Nowhere/Everywhere
    Really? Has anything been changed? If so, then that's fantastic. :weee It's been happening for a while now, and it is quite odd to post then see that BYC considers you offline at the same time.

9. Nifty-Chicken

If you're browsing the forum and you see yourself logged off, then there is probably a problem with your browser's cache.

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    When I'm logged on, I like it to say I'm logged on. Otherwise , I'd be afraid people would think that I'm never hear. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by