Going on vacation, what should i do with the chicks

JennB

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 21, 2010
nashport, ohio
my husband and I are leaving for vacation tomorrow morning. our chicks are almost 4 weeks old, right now they are in there brooder house, which is in my house. we just finished there chicken house. would it be ok to put them in it now or should we wait till we get back from vacation. i live in the country in ohio. my sister lives across the road. she and my parents will be taking care of them. the chicks are almost fully feather, but there heads. what does everyone think

Last edited:
I think as long as you have someone checking in on them to be sure they have food and water - staying in the brooder will be fine. Personally, I would wait until I got home before putting them out in their coop. But that's just me - because it would be easier and would stop me from worrying about them.

It also depends on how chicken savvy your sister across the road is - and if they'll be checking on them daily - and what the weather looks to be. They don't always know right away to go in the coop at night and need to be taught.

SOrry, probably not much help ....
hmm.png

thats what i decided on. i hate the dust they are creating but i know if i put them out i would worry the entire time. so thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom