Going once, going twice... Showgirl pair on Eggbid **SOLD SOLD**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by burntumber, Sep 14, 2008.

1. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    I have been dragging my feet selling these really lovely blue/partridge and blue youngsters. [​IMG] I just adore this little pullet in particular, but I'm not breeding for partridge, so it's a necessary evil.

This is one terrific blue partridge pullet SG. She has a fantastic topknot coming in (it's still all in pin-feather sheaths, so it doesn't look like much at the moment, but it's going to be quite a hair-do in a couple of weeks), a small adorable face, tight wings and great feet and feathering. Just a really cute little SG boasting a lovely, unusual color. [​IMG]

I have a handful of blue SG cockerels to choose from, ranging from light to dark blue. Email me for pics of others if you don't prefer the darker blue one in the pic below.

I also have another blue partridge that I'm thinking is a cockerel- he's a direct sibling to this pullet, so he's not an option for the pair.

Pick up or ship.

Thanks for checking them out! [​IMG]

Eggbid Showgirl Auction >Click Here <

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  2. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    I am going to buy some of your eggs but I had to tell you what is even more ridiculous than that eggbid thing...

A girl in Texas wansts 75.00 - 100.00 per chick of her showgirl line....wow - - crazy!

3. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    Yeah- that's just nutty! [​IMG] But I'll tell ya- if she can get that kind of money, more power to her! LOL! [​IMG]

I will say- tho with some sheepishness- that I've seen a roo or two who I was tempted to pay the big bucks for. Once you get up into the higher generations, like F15, they start getting pretty spectacular. And a nice F15 roo, for instance, instantly improves your entire line of offspring if you have- like me- F9-F11 SGs.

I'll also admit I just paid a pretty penny on some INCREDBILE Silkie hatching eggs, they're just spectacular. They'll really improve the feather on my kids. Of course, once my Showgirls start looking like true superstars, I'll start asking more for the eggs than $1 a piece! LOL!

These silly feather balls make us do the most ridiculous things! LOL![​IMG]

Glad you liked the eggs you got however no reason to diss another breeder over it. April

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
  4. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Please educate the uninformed - I keep seeing F9, F11 etc. in regards to silkies - what odes it mean?

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    It is how many generations since the first silkie X naked neck. I hatched some of her eggs. I got 9 that went into the hatcher. 3 were too big and I have 6 that are alive, ALL were showgirl. Boy was I LUCKY!

burntumber-I got one without a bowtie, is that what you meant about homozygous? New to the showgirls so I had no idea [​IMG]

Krista

6. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    Hi Krista- Yup- all naked neck means it's homoozgyous!

Homozygous means it's dominant in genotype for a specific phenotypic trait- in this case Showgirl vs. Silkie. A homozygous Showgirl will always produce Showgirls when crossed with other Showgirls and there's only a quarter of a chance you'd get a Silkie chick when it's crossed with a Silkie. Homozygous Showgirls have no feathers from the base of the beak all the way down to below the base of the crop. They have a totally naked neck. They're the Showgirls that look like sock puppets to me! LOL! [​IMG]

Heterozygous means it shares a little more of the Silkie trait. These have a 50% chance of throwing Silkie chicks when bred with Silkies. Also, you can never get a homozygous chick out of a pair of heterozygous chickens.
    They have a tuft of feathers on/or just above the crop area of the neck, called a bow-tie. Sometimes the tuft is large and goes further up the neck, sometimes it's just a few feathers. To me, heterozygous' appear to have half a naked neck.

So it sounds like you got a homozygous! Yay! [​IMG] Congrats! I always feel like I've won the lottery when I hatch out a homozygous as they're so covetted and hard to come by. Pics when you get a chance!!!

7. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I will try soon, I have so many pics I'm supposed to post [​IMG] . It is a white too [​IMG] . I guess I should hope it's a roo?

Krista

8. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    I'd sure be hoping for a roo! LOL! [​IMG]

They're easy to sex at a few weeks of age. Post a pic and I may be able to help! (hehe- my kiniving way of seeing a pic or two! [​IMG])

9. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    Yo peeps! [​IMG] This is a REALLY nice pullet- still at $10 (!!!)- and the cockerels to choose from are pretty awesome, too! If you're looking for good Showgirl type for cheap, this is your chance! She has everything a Showgirl needs- from the correct comb to the blue skin color to the foot feather to the topknot! If ever I'd use "show quality" it would be with this pullet. [​IMG]

10. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    Bump! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by